Alpha Omega Construction Group, Inc. is your local, professional roofer, but how do you know when to give us a call? Here are five things that any homeowner can keep an eye on to better ensure the longevity of your roof, and your home.
1. Granule Loss – You might be able to see granule loss from the ground by seeing balding patches on your shingles, but the easiest way to be able to tell is if your gutters are loaded up with shingle granules or not. Roofs tend to lose more granules toward the end of their life cycle due to inclement weather and overall age of the product.
2. Damaged Vents or Flashing – Dents and divots in the metallic structures such as vents, caps, gutters, or HVAC units on your roof might signify hail damage. Contact Alpha Omega Construction Group, Inc. at 844-704-ROOF, as well as your home insurance provider, to see if there has been recent storm damage recorded near your home. Your home just might qualify for a roof replacement!
3. Algae – While algae may not necessarily be harmful to the roof shingles, it is built up over time and might be an indicator to look for other signs of potential damage. Algae buildup is mostly cosmetic and is something that may be wise to change with your home’s appearance.
4. Curling – Another tip that any homeowner can view safely from the ground is to see if your shingles have any curling to them. If you look at the slopes of your home and notice that the shingles are curling by tilting upwards, and possibly losing granules towards the corner, it could mean that your shingles are past their life expectancy.
5. Blisters – Sometimes moisture can get trapped in the shingle and blisters can form. They are typically round, bubble-like pockets and are evenly spread out. If you see this type of formation in your shingle, have a professional roofer come out for an official diagnosis.
We hope that these tips are helpful to spot any potential damage to your roof, and your home. There are many other clues that your roof needs some TLC, but the best thing to do is to reach out to Alpha Omega at 844-704-ROOF for an official roof inspection and to see if your roof might be able to replaced and covered by your home insurance provider! Alpha Omega: Trusted Craftsmanship, From Beginning to End.